The Item Type is one of three filters used on the Item Master to help users quickly find products in the iPoint database. The three filters are Manufacturer, Category, and Type. For example, you might choose a category of Speaker and a type of Bookshelf, In-Ceiling, or Free Standing. Or, you might have a category of Display Devices and types of Plasma, LCD, or LED.
- Place your cursor in the first empty Item Name field and type in the Item Type.
- Enter a number in the Sort Order field to help organize your categories
- You can edit a Type by simply clicking in the field and changing it.
- To delete an Item Type, simply click the blue Delete Item button to remove that specific line.
- The Item Type is set on the Item Details screen in Items > select an item > Item Details
- Users can choose a type when adding products to a Proposal, Change Order, Project, Work Order, Invoice, and Purchase Order.
- Item Type can be used as a filter to display and print particular items on a Proposal, Change Order, or Sales Order.
- The Project Task list can be created utilizing the Item Type on a filter.