Room Names are used to group equipment together on a proposal. Also called Locations, this default list can help speed the creation of proposals by assigning standard room names to a proposal.
- Place your mouse in the first empty Item Name field and enter the room name.
- Enter a numeric value in the Sort Order field to organize rooms in a particular order. Room names with the same sort order number will then be sorted alphabetically.
- The blue Delete Item button will delete the specific room number.
Room Names (aka Locations) are used in the following places
- entered on a proposal in on the Setup (tab) > Locations (tab) to define where equipment will be installed
- in Designer > Add Products for both Proposals and Sales Orders to define where equipment is installed
- in Sales Order > Product (tab) > Product Manager to sort lists of parts by location being installed
- in Sales Order > Project (tab) > Create Tasks to sort tasks by locations
- on a Project > Tasks/Parts or Work Order > Tasks/Parts – to organize tasks and parts lists
- when adding parts to a Project or Work Order