The RMA module is where you track product that is or has been returned for repair or replacement.
If you’ve spent time in any other iPoint modules, the RMA header contains familiar list navigation options.
- Sort – the first dropdown gives a list of sort options so you can organize the list in a particular way
- AssignedTo: this is the user name who is currently assigned to the RMA
- Date Created: is the date that the RMA was created. This could have been on a Work Order, in the CRM, or here in the RMA module.
- Name: this is the customer’s name.
- Product: use this option to sort on the product that is being returned.
- Project Manager: the name of the project manager assigned to the RMA
- Site Name: if you are using multiple site locations, you can sort the list based on the location the RMA was created.
- Status: shows the RMAs based on the progress through the RMA process as defined by status.
- Vendor Name: sort the list by the name of the vendor listed on the RMA.
- The Options button can be used to Show Archived RMAs, or Export to Excel which will prompt you to enter notes for your export. The Worksheet, Title, Subject and Author fields are optional, however, it can be helpful to have the “Use field names as column names in the first row” box checked. You will then be prompted to name the new file and choose a file format for your export. Typically, “Excel File” type will work best when opening the file in Excel.
- New RMA – no surprise here! Push the button – get a new RMA.
- Wild Card Search helps you find a previously created RMA based on a string of text. We’ll search, Customer, Vendor, and Item name.
Here is a description on each of the fields in the RMA
- Status is used to sort and filter RMAs by the Status of the RMA. This list is customizable in Settings > Pop-Up Lists
- Assigned To refers to the employee who is responsible for completing the return and repair of the product.
- Project Manager can be used to select the employee that needs the product after the return or repair is completed.
- Client refers to the customer the Item belongs to. Use the drop-down list to select the customer for this RMA. The address and phone numbers will be filled in based on the customers’ information.
- Vendor refers to the company that will be handling the return or repair of the product. Often times this is the Manufacturer of the Item, however, you can set up repair centers or service centers in Dashboard > Vendors. Use the drop-down list to select the company responsible for handling your repair or return.
- Serial/MAC field can be used to track the Serial Number or MAC address of the Item being repaired or replaced.
- RMA# refers to the RMA number you may have received from the vendor.
- Repair Cost can be used to enter the price you are paying to have the item repaired.
- Total Cost is the combined total of the repair cost + shipping charges entered in the Shipping tab.
There also Tabs at the bottom of the page that can be used to help document the Items return, replacement, and re-installed.
Logs can be used to document phone calls or other notes related to the Item. The options are as follows:
Selecting the type of log you are creating will help keep the log of activity accurate and will be available to everyone viewing the RMA. There will be a blank log as soon as the RMAs are created, however, if you need to create a new Log entry, you can use the “+“On the far right side to create a new Log entry. After entering your note in the log, your username, the date and time of the log entry are stored with the log.
This table can be used to enter the Ship To Vendor, and Ship From Vendor, along with any associated shipping costs incurred with the Item. Select the Shipper from the drop-down list, or use Other as your carrier. S+H is used to enter the shipping cost in this field. If you select a vendor that gives you a tracking number, it can be entered in the Tracking # Field. The Expected field is used to select the date indicated by your shipping carrier your product should arrive at the Vendor.
The Ship From table is used to the Item from the Vendor, back to you. Enter the Shipper, any S+H charges, Tracking #, and the expected date using the information given to you by the Vendor.
If you are using one of our pre-set carriers (such as UPS, USPS, or FedEx), after you enter the tracking number, you will see the “Track Now” button above each table. This text is a hyperlink to the carriers tracking website and will enter the tracking number for you, giving you quick access to the status of the package.
Assignments can be created directly from the RMA module, using the Assignments tab. Select the Assignments tab, and the “New Assignment” button. This will open a new assignment that is linked to the RMA. For more information on creating an assignment, visit Dashboard > Assignments. After creating assignments, they will all be listed on the Assignments tab.
The Service tab can be used to schedule Work Orders that are directly related to the RMA. To create a Work Order for the RMA, click the “New Work Order” button. The customer information will be auto-populated in the work order. For more information on creating Work Orders, visit “Dashboard > Work Orders”.
The Reports Tab allows you to click “View Logs” and iPoint will create a printable report that can be shared. This report will include the information for the RMA at the top and document each note included for the RMA. This report can be printed or converted to a .pdf using FileMaker’s File > Print option. To return to the RMA, click the box with the 2 blue arrows, and you will be returned to the RMA information.
The Invoices tab can be used to generate an invoice for the customer, directly from the RMA. Click the “New Invoice” button to create a new invoice for this customer. For more information on Invoices, visit Dashboard > Accounting > Invoices.
The Docs tab allows you to upload any documentation or media files relevant to the RMA. Right-click on the “Add Content Here” button to Insert files, media or paste a document into this field. The Description box to the right of the file can be used to add additional details about the document. This file will be available on the Customers File as well as in the RMA. Use the Delete button on the right-hand side to delete any documents or media. The Preview button can be used to open a full-size preview in a new window, allowing you to view or print the file.
The system can be set up to send an email or text to members of your staff as the RMA progresses through the process.
The notification shows:
- Customer Name
- Date of Change
- New Status
- Who changed the status
- Name of Vendor
- Name of Product
- Work Order number (if any)
- Transactions Logs