The Deal Carousel is the primary mechanism for dealing with iPoint pipeline deals.
Starting the Deal
- Enter the Source, Estimated Value, and Expected Close date for the deal into the carousel.
- Create one or more proposals, just like you would for a regular customer or job. Note that the Proposed Value will adjust based on the total value of the proposals you create.
- Advance the Deal through the sales pipeline by clicking the appropriate Job Sales Status button at the top of the carousel. iPoint will display the current status in blue. The carousel will show the completed status in orange.
- As appropriate, convert proposals to sales orders using the normal proposal conversion method. Note that the “Sold Value” will adjust based on the total of all associated Sales Orders.
- When the final Job Sales Status is selected, you will be presented with a popup window where you mark the Deal as Won or Lost.
- Click Lost – will set the Closing Date in the carousel and mark the deal as Lost.
- Click Won – will open a pop-over window where you can do the following:
- Click the Accept button to accept the specific proposal
- Click the Decline button to decline the specific proposal
- Select the Reason Lost from the drop-down menu
- Enter a description as to why the deal was lost
- iPoint automatically marks the proposal as Archived. Feel free to clear the Archive checkbox
- Click the Save button or Cancel button to go back to the proposal list.
- If you accidentally accepted the wrong proposal, click the Undo button to revert to the Accept/Decline options.
- Click Continue
iPoint Version: 9.1
Last modified: 4 Apr 2022
Thanks for your feedback.