Tasks are used to direct technicians on what things need to be done for a customer. For new sales, tasks are typically created from the items sold on a sales order. But for service work, tasks are created on the fly as projects and work orders are created. Creating a set of default task names speeds up the creation of service projects/work orders.
- To add a new task, click in the first empty Item Name field and type the default task. Or, edit an existing task by clicking on the item you want to modify.
- Enter a numeric value in the Sort field to organize the Task Names in a particular order.
- In the Default Punchlist field, select a punch list to be applied to the task. A punch list is a quality control set of sub-tasks that the technician must complete before they can mark the task itself as done. (Punchlists are set up in Settings > Punch Lists.)
- You’ll also want to Enable Task List in Task Name Field in Settings > Module Settings > Work Orders.
- Click the black X box to delete a particular task.
- Add default Tasks on a Project or Work Order under the Tasks/Parts button.