In the Replace tab, you can replace a selected item with another one. This is a helpful option if your client is wanting to replace a higher quality item with a lower one (or vice versa), or in cases where a proposal is several months old and an item has been discontinued.
Add a Replacement ItemTo replace an item on the proposal:
- Select the item
- In the Replace tab, choose a replacement item by:
- Using the Manufacturer, Category, and Type filters, OR
- Using the Wild Card search, OR
- Selecting an item from the Product dropdown list
- There are several choices for replacing the item:
- Replace Only This Product button: Will replace just the current item with the new product
- Replace This Product & All Accessories button: Will replace the current product and its accessories with the new product (and its accessories)
- Replace All Products in this Design button: Will replace all instances of the selected product throughout the whole design with the new product selected
- Replace All Products & All Accessories button: Will replace all instances of the selected product in the design (and any associated accessories) with the new product (and its accessories). [Note this can take some time to process]
Open Item Master
Open the Master for the selected item by clicking the Open Master button.
For additional information, watch the Designer—Product Details—Replace Tab video: