We are constantly being asked if users can upgrade to the latest version of the FileMaker Go app on iOS devices. While we have supported the latest version for quite some time, we have not encouraged everyone to upgrade due to an incompatibility with some cell phone carriers.
Well, that problem is behind us! And the app now works with all of the major carriers. So, without further adieu, it is time to upgrade your iPhone or iPad to the latest FileMaker Go. Here are your instructions:
Before you get started, be sure you have your iPoint username and password. You also need to have your iPoint server name and iPoint file name.
- Delete the FileMaker Go 15 (or earlier) app from your phone or iPad.
- Download the FileMaker Go 16 app to your device from the App Store
- Open FileMaker Go 16
- Click the file folder on the top left of the screen and click “Launch Center”
- Click on “Device” at the bottom of the screen
- Swipe left across each file and click “Delete”
- Click on “Hosts” on the bottom of the screen
- Click “Hosts” at the top left corner of the screen
- Click the “+” sign to add your host
- Enter in the server name in the Host Address field
- Server name is provided by iPoint Support
- Click “Save” in the top right
- Enter your username and password and select “Save in Keychain”
- Find your file name in the list of files and select it.
- Filename is provided by iPoint Support
- Enter your iPoint username and password and select “Save in Keychain
- Click “Log In” in the top right corner
- DON’T CLICK “LOGIN AS GUEST”
- You will be prompted to enter in a name for this device (i.e. “Rob’s iPad”)
You successfully installed iPoint!!! To open iPoint in the future, simply click on your file name from your recent files list.