Welcome to the Community!
Our staff truly looks forward to helping you transform your company! As you probably know already, iPoint values the importance of following a process and sticking with a system to optimize workflow. This guide is designed to help you through the Onboarding process with those principles in mind.
For non-video watchers, here is a summary of how the onboarding process works.
You will be assigned an iPoint Onboarding Specialist who is available to help answer questions as you get started. In fact, you may have already received your first call! Any time you have a question or need additional assistance, you can schedule a session with your specialist by clicking here.
- Server Acquisition
The first step is to get your server. This section describes the server specs needed to run iPoint successfully. You can purchase your own server or we also have a couple of recommended machines where you can just click the link and buy it!
- Server & Network Configuration
Once the server arrives, you’ll turn it on and make sure the machine and network are configured properly. This section provides all the details on network requirements and battery backup needs. This is also the part of the Onboarding where our Deployment Team will load your server with the software.
- First Things First
While you are waiting for the server to be fully deployed, there are a number of decisions you can make and some data and graphics you can be gathering.
- iPoint Setup
To help you get started, we have created a series of self-guided videos that you will find in the iPoint University, located on the iPoint dashboard. Once the server is up and running, your Onboarding Specialist will help you set up the first Admin computer and show you how to use the iPoint Setup course in University. The University is a series of short videos describing each step in setting up iPoint for your company.
- Simply watch the video, then go into iPoint settings and implement the things you just learned.
- Go watch the next video and execute the things described.
- Rinse and repeat… and you’ll have iPoint set-up in no time!
The video classes are:
- Installation – 5 videos describing how to install iPoint on users computers and set up basic user settings
- Settings – 5 videos showing how to customize iPoint to fit the way you do business
- Data – 6 videos teaching how to make sure the data in iPoint is optimized
- Advanced – 4 videos providing additional tips on how to make sure iPoint is running smoothly
- Ready To Go – time to train your team to start using iPoint!